Monday, November 1, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day 1

Today National Novel Writing Month began.  With an outline and defined characters, I began in earnest.

The result 3,353 words.  Ninety-eight percent dialogue.

I had read several sources suggesting that by writing only dialogue with no "he saids" you would capture the essence of your story.   And if your story took an unexpected twist causing scenes to be dropped, you wouldn't lose the time spent on description, exposition, and narrative.

That sounded like a good idea so that's what I tried to do.

Most of my dialogue was too 'on the nose' to survive editing, but there were times when I was really enjoying the banter between my characters. 

All in all it was a fun day.  I'm glad that I am doing NaNoWriMo. 

I've told enough people about doing it that I can't quit without being embarassed.

Well Pilgrim, Write.

No comments:

Post a Comment