Thursday, November 18, 2010

Night and Day by Robert B. Parker

Today I finished reading Night and Day by Robert B. Parker. 

I am feeling so much frustration this week writing NaNoWriMo.  The words are just not flowing.  Seeking inspiration I went to the library to pick up another Lee Child novel but came home with this Jesse Stone novel by Parker. 

There is something about the dialogue in a Jesse Stone novel that is just so wonderful.  I wish my own dialogue for my NaNoWriMo attempt, Bon Secour, would be half a much fun to read.  I realized that narrative and description in a Jesse Stone novel by Parker is very lean.  The story rides on the dialogue.  Makes me feel better about my miserable descriptive abilities.  Makes me realize my characters don't talk enough either.

I really like Tom Sellick as an actor.  I was a big fan of Magnum PI and I think Quigley Down Under is one of the very best western, ever.  I truly love the Jesse Stone character.  I can't imagine anyone but Sellick playing the part.  I started reading Robert B. Parker after I had seen the made for TV movies starring Sellick.  Now I am a huge Parker fan.

I will miss Robert B. Parker and future Jesse Stone novels.  God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment