Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Renegades by T. Jefferson Parker

Only four men have won the Edgar Award twice: Dick Francis [Forfeit (1970), Whip Hand (1981) & Come To Grief (1996)]; James Lee Burke [Black Cherry Blues (1990) & Cimmaron Rose (1998)], John Hart [Down River 2008 & The Last Child (2010)] and T. Jefferson Parker [Silent Joe (2002 & California Girl (2005)].  That is an exclusive club.  I've read every book Francis and Burke have written.  I've read Hart's 2008 winner Down River.  I hadn't read anything by Parker.

That changed today when I read The Renegades by T. Jefferson Parker (2009).  This book came to my attention when I read the Strand Critics Award nominees for the 2009 Best Novel.  I was aware of the previous Edgar Awards but I had not gotten to Silent Joe or California Girl in my read through the Edgar's quest.

I was thrilled.  I've added T. Jefferson Parker to my "to read everything by" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment