Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Derailed by James Siegel

Today I finished reading Derailed by James Siegel.  The "New York Times" bestselling thriller about a businessman whose life becomes a nightmare when he gets involved with the wrong woman on a train.

It was recommended by Syd Field in his book Screenplay as a thriller which had been made into the movie Derailed.  In the movie, Charles (Clive Owen), a successful ad exec and devoted family man, meets a sexy woman (Jennifer Aniston) on his morning commute. But their casual flirtation turns serious -- just not in the way either expected -- when a criminal pulls them into a dangerous plot. Now, with their lives thrown off-kilter, Charles and his paramour must turn the tables on the bad guys to save their families. Mikael Hafstrom directs.

I can heartily recommend the book and the movie.  The plot of the book is unique and I loved the twists and turns.  The voice is great.  The dialogue wonderful.  You get the idea.  I hope Bon Secour can be 1/4 as good.

I wish I hadn't already seen the movie when I read the book.  I think I would have loved the suprises more if I hadn't been able to rememeber the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment