Sunday, January 10, 2010

Enrolling in Self Educated U

Today I began my education as a writer by going to the Self Education University’s book store, http://www.amazon.com/ . After searching for books on the topic 'How to Write a Novel', I selected:

• Your First Novel: An Author Agent Team Share the Keys to Achieving Your Dream by Ann Rittenberg, and Laura Whitcomb (Well, it is my first novel and you need an agent to sell your book.)

• Writing the Breakout Novel by Donald Maass (I don’t know what breaking out means but it certainly sounds like something you want to do.)

• The Complete Handbook of Novel Writing byEditors Of Writers Digest Books (I’ve heard of Writers Digest. And I need completely everything.)

• On Writing by Stephen King (I think he’s sold enough books to be worth listening to.)


• So You Want to Write a Novel by Lou W. Stanek (Yes, I do want to write a novel.)

• Teach Yourself: Writing A Novel by Nigel Watts (Ok, teach me.)

• How to Write a Damn Good Novel: A Step-by-Step No Nonsense Guide to Dramatic Storytelling by James N. Frey (I just like this title.)


Now, I’ll wait for my first book to arrive and to begin my education.

No comments:

Post a Comment