Thursday, March 8, 2012

Do The Work by Steven Pressfield

Today I finished reading Do The Work by Steven Pressfield.

My work in process Bon Secour isn't getting anywhere very fast.  I am having a problem getting the work done.  Just getting it done!!!   I wanted to know why.

"The enemy is not lack of preparation; it's not the difficulty of the project, or the state of the marketplace or the emptiness of our bank account.


The Enemy is Resistance.


The enemy is our chattering brain, which, if we give it so much as a nanosecond, will start producing excuses, alibis, transparent self-justifications and a million reasons why he can't/shouldn't/won't do what we know we need to do.


Start before you're ready." 


Knowing more about resistance hasn't made me less susceptible to it.


1 comment:

  1. What do they say? There's no time like the present! I like the Pomodoro technique. And I have a new app on my computer that helps me use it. http://www.focusboosterapp.com/

    ReplyDelete