Friday, December 10, 2010

Bon Secour First Draft Finished!

Today I finished the first draft of my thriller, Bon Secour

Although first draft might be a bit of a stretch for some.  Some scenes are really more just an outline.  But I finally figured out what was going to happen in every scene of my story, and I really wanted to be able to say I have finished my first draft and post this really neat merit badge.  So, I'm saying it.  I've finished my first draft (er outline/draft).

 It has some action and the rest is dialogue.  It is devoid of almost any description or narration.  And it's only 32,857 words.

So to get to 100,000 words I'm going to have to add a lot.  Hopefully I will be adding the rich descriptions in the style of John Hart.

But first, I'm going to dust off my Dramatica Pro software and test my story against the Dramatica story theory.  And since I couldn't make heads or tales of Dramatica before this ought to be 'very interesting' as they used to say on Laugh In a million years ago.

Thanks to http://badger.dinorodeo.com/ for the merit badge.

No comments:

Post a Comment