Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Field Gray by Philip Kerr

Today I finished reading Field Gray by Philip Kerr.

Field Gray has received considerable critical acclaim.  It was nominated for the 2012 Edgar Award.

"A brilliantly crafted challenge to the stereotypical received history of the Second World War: a thriller that will challenge preoccupations and stimulate the little grey cells." -- The Times (London), selecting Field Gray as a Thriller of the Year.

I must confess.  I missed what the critics saw in Field Gray.  My wife loves the History Channel and WWII.  It was a book for her not me.

Interestingly, Kerr has written a six book series for children called Children of the Lamp.  I was at the pool with my grandchildren this weekend and my eleven year old grandson saw me reading and noticed that the author was Philip Kerr.  He came over and told me how he had thoroughly enjoyed reading the Children of the Lamp series by Kerr.  So while it went over my head there is someone in my family who loves Philip Kerr.

If you are a WWII history buff, you will enjoy this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment